Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Scholarship Applications for Grade 6 learners
The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation seeks to create a pipeline of responsible entrepreneurs and to fast-track the entrepreneurial journey of South African youth at various stages of their lives. The Scholarship Programme is the start of that entrepreneurial journey and focuses on cultivating and growing an entrepreneurial mindset, personal mastery and academic excellence among candidates. The Foundation believes that an entrepreneurial mindset will enable its Scholars to attain academic success and effective personal leadership.
Greatness starts small. It starts as potential – a glimpse of what’s possible, a vision for the future. Maybe it’s not clear, or maybe our youth don’t see it yet, but the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation does. They believe that there is no greater opportunity than an education because the things you know determine how you grow. A High School Scholarship is your opportunity to change your life so you can change the lives of others.
So this is a call to you, the young and audacious, to learn today so that you can teach tomorrow. The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Scholarship applications close on 20th September 2018 for all grade 6 learners and all successful candidates will be notified within two months after the closing date.
- Academic requirements:
- Applicants must achieve 70% or higher in Mathematics and English and an average of 70% in both Grade 5 and Grade 6.
- Evidence of entrepreneurial potential:
- Intellectual Imagination: enjoys being creative and innovative
- Achievement Excellence: sets high academic and non-academic standards for self
- Courageous Commitment: must be courageous and determined, brave and persistent
- Spirit of Significance: wants to impact others and make a difference
- Personal Initiative: prepared to take action to address challenges
- The applicant must be a South African citizen.
The Scholarship programme provides access to quality high school education. They aim to establish passion in the selected Scholars and develop their potential to become self-starting, high-impact entrepreneurs.
The Scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition and boarding fees
- A monthly allowance (pocket money)
- A travel subsidy
- Stationery and prescribed books
- Toiletries, school uniforms and casual clothing
- Support for extra-mural activities
Scholars also have access to an entrepreneurial development programme. This ensures their continued progress by providing additional leadership and entrepreneurial development opportunities. The Foundation understands that the transition to a new school can be challenging and provides additional support to Scholars to ensure a smooth and successful transition into their new environments.
HOW TO APPLY: