HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR ENTREPRENEURIALLY-MINDED YOUTH ARE CLOSING!
Applications for the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Scholarship opportunity close on 20 September 2018 September 2018: The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation offers an opportunity like no other and its high school Scholarship opportunity is available to all current Grade 6 learners who are in financial need, have a curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
The Scholarship covers full high school tuition and boarding fees. In addition, Scholars will receive allowances to subsidise travel, stationery, prescribed books, toiletries, school uniforms, civilian clothing, pocket money and extra-mural activities.
Scholars also participate in the Foundation’s Development and Leadership Programmes, which aims to enhance an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Foundation partners with schools<http://www.allangrayorbis.org/scholarship-programme/what-it-covers/> that have a track record of excellence. Successful Scholars will have the opportunity to attend one of the Foundation’s placement schools.
1. Applicants must achieve 70% or higher in Mathematics and English and have an overall average of 70% in both Grade 5 and Grade 6. 1. Intellectual Imagination: enjoys being creative and innovative
2. Achievement Excellence: sets high academic and non-academic standards for self
3. Courageous Commitment: must be courageous and determined, brave and persistent
4. Spirit of Significance: wants to impact others and make a difference
5. Personal Initiative: prepared to take action to address challenges HOW TO APPLY: Watch this video
The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation believes that entrepreneurially-minded individuals with ethical values and strong leadership skills hold the promise of change. We stand behind entrepreneurs improving the socio-economic landscape of Southern Africa. Our mission is to foster such impact by providing youth demonstrating the highest potential access to education and cultivating within them an entrepreneurial mindset. The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation is the social responsibility initiative of Allan Gray Limited and the Orbis Groups in South Africa. For further information or interview requests please contact: Issued By Positive Dialogue Communications On Behalf Of Allan Gray Orbis Foundation <http://www.allangrayorbis.org> For Further Information Contact Tel:(021) 486 8158