Can you write an essay? The EFF has R40,000 for you!
EFF is running an essay competition with a prize money of R40,000; now, this would be amazing if a learner from a rural or township school could win this prize money. Someone who does not have the resources yet but is talented enough to write a winning essay
Because Tag My School Magazine loves to see township and rural schools win, we have decided to give you pointers on how to write an essay. The competition ends on April 30.
Under the topic of the 10-year history of EFF, the essay must cover the subthemes related to the formation of the organization, including when and where it was formed, its major turning points over the past 10 years, the key actors of the party, and its impact on the country.
The competition is open to learners from Grade 10 to Grade 12, and it can be in all official languages!
Because we want to see our readers win, we have decided to give you a guideline for a winning essay:
- Choose your topic: Start by identifying a topic that interests you or that you have been assigned. If you are given a broad topic, narrow it down to a specific aspect.
- Research: Conduct research on your chosen topic. Gather relevant information from books, articles, websites, and other sources.
- Create an outline: Develop an outline of your essay. Include an introduction, body, and conclusion. Make sure each section relates to your main idea.
- Write your introduction: Start with a hook that captures the reader’s attention. Then provide some background information on your topic, and end your introduction with your thesis statement.
- Write your body: Develop the main points of your essay. Support each point with evidence from your research. Use transitional words to connect each paragraph.
- Write your conclusion: Reiterate your thesis statement and summarize your main points. End with a thought-provoking statement or a call to action.
- Revise and edit: Read through your essay multiple times. Check your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Look for ways to improve your writing.
- Submit or publish: Once you’re satisfied with your essay, submit it.
Enter the competition by clicking this link